How to Update Total Activity Control
READ THIS FIRST
If you have a custom logo please be sure to keep a copy in a secured location as the update will remove it and put in a default logo. If you find this to be a problem please call support at clear computing and we can map your Logo to another location.
If you experience any difficulties, please restart your computer. If this does not resolve the issue, please contact our technical support team at 732-747-0113 or via Live Chat.
To request a link to update your software, please fill out the Software Update Request form below. Once you have received the link, proceed with the following steps.
- Create a folder on your desktop called "Clear Update".
- Click on the download link in the Software Request Response email that was sent to you.
- Save the update file to your desktop in the"Clear Update" folder. If you have older versions saved, please add a date or identifying character to the download name.
- After the download is complete, go to the Control Panel and open Programs and Features. Select the existing version of Total Activity Control and click Uninstall. Do not touch the database installer.
- Open the "Clear Update" folder and double left click on the setup.exe that you just downloaded. (If you have multiple setup downloads in this folder it is helpful to add the date to the setup file name)
- Click Run, then continue to hit Next as the buttons appear. Click Install when the button appears.
- When Total Activity Control is done installing it will say Finish. Click on Finish.
- Open Total Activity Control and close it twice, and then open it again. Click OK for any error messages. If you receive a message “Install Error 1909” – click “Ignore”.
The latest version of Total Activity Control is now installed and ready to use.